Debt Relief Orders
A Debt Relief Order could be the quickest route to a fresh start.
A Debt Relief Order (DRO) is a known as a personal insolvency process. It provides you with legal protection from your creditors, plus your debts are written-off after one year.
DROs are one way to deal with your debts if you owe less than £30,000, don’t have much spare income and don’t own your home.
If you qualify for a DRO:
- other than the application fee (£90) you won’t have to pay anything
- your creditors can’t recover their money without the court’s permission
- you’re usually freed (‘discharged’) from your debts after 12 months
Our assessment team will discuss with you whether you qualify for DRO and how it will affect you. DRO is available to people meeting certain criteria, so eligibility will depend upon your overall circumstances.
How Do I Get StartedDissolve Debt will guide you through the process but you must apply via an intermediary authorised by the Insolvency Service. The intermediary will consider your overall financial position (level of debts, income and assets) and advise whether you qualify. If you do, following payment of the fee, an online application is submitted. If accepted, the order will be made.
DROs can be revoked if:
1) your finances improve
2) you don’t co-operate with the official receiver – e.g you don’t give them the information they ask for
3) your income, assets or debts exceed the specified limits
New Debt After A DROWarning : If you get new debt after your DRO is approved you could get a bankruptcy order or be prosecuted if you don’t tell new creditors about your DRO
Qualifying criteria for a DRO
To qualify for a DRO you must meet all the criteria below:
- You have debts no more than £30,000
- You have no more than £75 a month spare incomee
- You’ve no more than £2,000 worth of assets
- You’ve lived or worked in England and Wales within the last 3 years
- You haven’t applied for a DRO within the last 6 years
Paul House, Stockport Rd, Timperley, Cheshire, WA15 7UQ
Registered in England and Wales 5278758
Data Protection Registration No Z896984X
Dissolve Debt Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA, firm reference number 662423).
Calls are recorded for training and quality purposes. Calls to 0161 numbers from mobiles and landlines are charged at local rate. Please check with your network provider for details on your call package.
This is a guide from GOV.UK with options for paying off your debts as recommended by the Money Helper.
Our opening hours
Monday to Thursday: 08:00 – 19:00
Friday: 08:00 – 16:00
Call: 0161 926 7670